Search This Blog

Thursday 1 July 2010

Now and Yen

Hurrah I finally have my yen - although it took the woman at the post office several mins to find them so I was beginning to get rather nervous that this was going to turn into another scene from a sit com. I remember when I turned 30 I decided that life would be a cross between Friends and Sex and the City - strangely life has become much more of a comedy farce.

I've no idea how many yen are to the pound - I got 44000 yen to last me my holiday - yet that was only a few notes so feels like hardly any money at all. Apparently everything is really expensive there so I'll probably have run out by the end of the first day.

Also bought myself a pair of shoes for the trip. They needed to be really comfy as we'll be walking up and down to temples etc. But also cool enough because of the humidity. Able to cope with the thunderstorms. Oh and also easy to take off quickly as there's a lot of shoe removal in Japan. I wore my new shoes back to the office. They hurt a bit already....oops!

1 comment: