Search This Blog

Thursday 15 July 2010

brief thoughts

Well this will be a brief message as I'm writing it on my photo whilst using the WiFi in Starbucks. Tomorrow there is a big festival on in kyoto called the gion festival. About 30 huge floats will be dragged around the streets in the morning. One from each community. It's the equivalent of the nothing hill carnival I suppose. The roads are being closed off and vendors are lining the streets. There are also lots of people handing out plastic fans with adverts on. Much appreciated in this humidity as I'm far too hot to reach into my bag and get my bamboo and paper one.

Other observations of Japan. The houses are much closer together than I'd imagined due to the lack of flat land available.you can buy socks with a separate big toe section so you can wear socks with flip flop style shoes. This should be outlawed clearly. I've discovered another button on toilets. It's called a deoderisation button: you can work out for yourselves what that's for. Enough for now.

Sayonara

No comments:

Post a Comment