Search This Blog

Wednesday 30 June 2010

6 days and counting

So I went to pick up my Yen yesterday only to discover that they had forgotten to order them. It's a good job I didn't leave it until the last minute. They're reordering them for me so hopefully there'll be in tomorrow. I should have been furious but I ended up just feeling sorry for the woman behind the desk. She'd had a day or two off and her fill-in failed to order most of the currency so she's been having to deal with the repucussions of them not having any Euros left since Friday. Thankfully she let me pay in advance so I haven't had to walk round with lots of cash. Actually it made me laugh - my bank is almost opposite the post office where I was (meant to be) collecting my Yen and I was really nervous about walking across the square with cash yet I wasn't worried about walking around with the Yen - it just doesn't seem like real money. Is that just me?

1 comment:

  1. so how many yen does one get to the pound at the moment? And, more importantly, how many yen for the important things in life - coffee, crisps, chocolate and wine?

    ReplyDelete