Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pre Japan Prep

Countdown to Japan: one week today.

I've bought my small gifts that I can give people. Still need to wrap them up but not sure what colour paper you're meant to use as certain colours show disrespect or something. I can see I'm going to have problems here! I've bought a load of tat from the Cathedral gift shop so hopefully that's the sort of thing I was meant to get.

Off to collect my yen after work. No idea how much we'll need. It's one of those currencies that has an awful lot of zeros at the end of everything so I'll undoubtedly get confused and end up spending £300 for a magazine or something at some point.

I've also received this morning my business cards. Apparently you have to have them to hand to people - not quite sure who's actually going to want my naf gifts and business cards but I'll do as I'm told...at this point. I got quite a bargain in the end. There are companies online who will print you cards and then put their own advert on the back. However the one I went with it only cost 99p to not have the ad on the back so essentially you're only paying the postage then. I got a couple of hundred cards plus a free metal card holder for just over a fiver and they threw in 100 or sticky address labels too. Now I have all these address cards and labels what's the betting I move house soon?

I think I've got all the clothes I need for the trip. The forecast is currently thunder storms every day so probably all I need is a mac and some wellies.

1 comment:

  1. A couple of hundred cards??? How many people are you going to see? Shall we start a sweepstake for how many you actually give out? I'm starting with 37.
    Keep up with the blog, I'm really looking forward to your visit!!

    ReplyDelete